Be Caring, the UK's largest employee-owned social care provider, is shaping the future of social care. This a fantastic opportunity for a driven and talented individual to join our growing employee-owned organisation and to make a real impact on the quality of care and support that we deliver to our customers and our local communities.
We are looking for experienced care professional to join our Home Care services at our Manchester office as a
Team Leader (Care Assessment/Assessor) You will be part of an integral team, ensuring that our customers are receiving the highest standards of care.
Role: Community Care Assessor
Salary: £19,890 (per annum) + generous on-call payments
Hours: Full-time | 37.5hr per week
Based: Manchester (M22)
You will work closely with our community home care teams, coordination teams and other professionals involved in the care and support of our customers. You will co-design care and support plans with customers and their families, ensuring their personal care needs are met, dignity is maintained, and individual outcomes and preferences are reflected. To ensure the highest quality of care, you will conduct relevant risk assessments.
Co-create a personalised Care and Support Plan and relevant risk assessments.
- Respond to new care packages in a timely manner, contacting customers and their family to arrange an initial visit as early as possible.
- Liaise with Social Workers to ensure full understanding of care needs as appropriate.
- Ensure Care and Support Plans are personalised, reflecting personal preferences.
- Offer choice and control wherever possible.
- Ensure all Care and Support Plans are safe, reflecting and implementing specific actions arising from risk assessments.
- Update and share care and support needs with Care Workers, Coordinators, family members and Social Workers as appropriate
- Introduce Care and Support Workers to the customer and their family.
- Ensure customers and their families know how to communicate directly with Be Caring, including the complaints process.
Review Care and Support Plans and relevant risk assessments on a planned basis and on an ad-hoc basis, and in response to changes in individual needs.
- Contact customers and their family in a timely manner to conduct 6-week reviews and 6-month and annual reviews of Care and Support Plans.
- Respond to changing needs of customers, reviewing care and support plans in a timely manner, for example, after a hospital stay, a period of illness or a deterioration in health – that result in changing care and support needs.
- Review Care and Support Plans in response to complaints – liaising with Co-ordinators and Service Managers to ensure causes of complaints in relation to care and support plans are communicated, agreed and implemented.
- Communicate and implement any changes required to the customers care and support – identifying any training needs for Care and Support Workers.
- Communicate and request formal changes to care packages via the Social Work team.
Ensure high-quality and safe care through continuous learning and improvement.
- Identify and respond to concerns, preventing escalation, agreeing and communicating changes required and including the identification of training and support of colleagues.
- Carry out appropriate and authorised investigations into complaints or incidents arising from the provision of care and implement any actions arising.
- Carry out appropriate and authorised investigations into alleged misconduct or poor performance of Support Staff and implement any actions arising.
- Participate in audits of various quality documents such as MAR Charts and Log/Communication books and implement any actions arising.
- Monitor any aspects of customer finances handled by Care and Support Workers.
Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attend reviews with multi-disciplinary teams involving Social Workers, GPs, District Nurses and families.
- Assist the Co-ordinators, communicating all information ensuring customer needs are met.
- Support Care Workers in understanding individual care and support needs, outcomes and preferences through effective and timely communication.
- Respond to internal quality reviews, implementing any changes as appropriate, taking into consideration customer needs, preference and wishes.
Provide care cover and on-call duties (on-call duties are paid additional to the salary stated).
- Provide cover as required for other Assessors, Coaches and / or Care Support Workers i.e., during holidays or periods of sickness absence. Including covering care calls.
- Carry out on call duties, overnight and at weekends, on a rota basis as determined by the management.
- When On-Call, provide telephone support and assistance to Support Workers and customers; be available to be called out as necessary; check call alerts system morning / midday / evenings at weekends. Along with verification of calls
Management and Administration
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed in the line with company requirements along with any electronic systems.
- Update all systems of recording care in line with company procedures and ensure all work completed is completed and future reviews are booked.
- Report on activities planned and completed.
- Understand and adhere to Be Caring policies, procedures, and philosophy of care at all times.
- Always act in a manner which respects the Confidentiality of Service Users, Staff and any other involved Parties.
- Attend Meetings when required to do so by management.
- Work flexibly as required by the needs of the service.
- Attend and participate in relevant training sessions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
- Treat all staff equally, fairly, and respectfully in all aspects of the role.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as dictated by the needs of the Service or as identified by the Board of Directors.
We are committed to the personal and professional career development of all colleagues. We have career development pathways and actively encourage progression within the organisation. We offer supported learning and access to accredited qualifications through apprenticeship programmes.
If successful, you will be supported by our Quality Lead and Operations Manager, to have the tools and resources needed to do fulfil your role and to ‘Be the Best you can be’.