Interested in becoming a Learning Disabilities Support Worker for Be Caring?
Become a Day-Maker and Smile-Giver
We are looking for kind and compassionate people to join Be Caring as a Learning Disabilities Support Worker, providing care across Newcastle, Gateshead and North Tyneside.
Working on shifts, paid from start to finish.
- £9.15 p/hr
- Mileage - 40p per mile.
Join our team of Learning Disabilities Support Workers. We offer various shift patterns - to be agreed by management.
- Weekend working undertaken on a rota basis.
- Day shift working – full and part-time hours available.
- Evening shift working - full and part-time hours available.
£500 - New starter bonus*
You will support customers and their families to achieve personal outcomes that promote greater independence, use reablement approaches and support access to community services. As a Learning Disabilities Support Worker, you will:
- Provide personal care that protects people’s dignity.
- Promote independence using enabling and reabling approaches.
- Connect people to their local community groups and activities.
- Support people to meet their outcomes and pursue their personal interests.
- Deliver personalised care through individual choice and control.
- Be a strong and effective communicator, documenting, reporting, and sharing information with the right people at the right time.
*New starter bonus split into 2 payments at 3 months and 6 months; based on average hours worked.
- £500 for 40+ average weekly hours (£250 per payment)
- £400 for 30-39 average weekly hours (£200 per payment)
- £300 for 20-29 average weekly hours (£150 per payment)
- £200 for 10-19 average weekly hours (£100 per payment)
To find out more, APPLY TO POSITION
Jemma Kennedy, our Recruitment Officer, will be in touch very soon!